FLOOR DIMENSIONS Terms of Business
None of the contents of these terms of business shall affect the consumer’s statutory rights.
Estimate & Quotations
Floor Dimensions will provide consumers with a verbal estimate on the project cost. However, it is only a guide and the detailed cost of the project is contained in the written quotation. The following items will be covered by the quotation:
• The product cost and quantities
• Provision of underlay and accessories
• Sub-floor preparation
• Installation costs
• Clearing up the site on completion, removal and disposal of new flooring waste
• EXTRAS to be charged:
Uplifting, removal and disposal of existing floor coverings
Moving of furniture
Placing cables under floor coverings (not 240v)
This list is not exhaustive, please read full terms
The receipt of a signed copy of the quotation will constitute a firm order with Floor Dimensions. No alterations can subsequently be made to this order after goods have been cut and/or despatched by the manufacturer or distributor.
A 50% deposit is required when placing an order. No order will be processed without a deposit. This will be non-refundable after goods have been cut and/or despatched.
• Floor Dimensions will organise the installation of your floorcovering using skilled tradespersons.
• Every effort will be made to adhere to arranged dates but cannot be guaranteed due to possible unforeseeable circumstances/adverse weather conditions/manufacturing delays.
• If the installation is required outside Floor Dimensions normal working hours a premium for overtime payments may be added.
• As part of the quotation Floor Dimensions will allow for all necessary and foreseeable floor preparation. However, the condition of the floor is the responsibility of the consumer and should unforeseen or undisclosed faults become apparent after existing floorcoverings have been removed, additional charges will be incurred.
• The position of wiring and piping in vulnerable places must be drawn to the attention of the fitter. Floor Dimensions cannot be responsible for the accidental damage to pipe work or cables as a consequence of a failure on the consumer’s part in this respect.
• Due to the increasing complexity of Home Cinema’s, T.V’s, Computers etc. Floor Dimensions cannot accept responsibility for disconnection or reconnection. Should the consumer require any cables for the above equipment to be placed under the floorcovering there will be an extra charge. The Fire Service recommends that an RCD be connected to the power supply of any such equipment. The RCD is solely the responsibility of the consumer and Floor Dimensions accept no responsibility whatsoever for this, or for cables installed under the floorcoverings.
240v CABLES WILL NOT BE INSTALLED UNDER FLOORCOVERINGS, DUE TO FIRE RISK.
• It is the responsibility of the consumer to disconnect and remove Kitchen Appliances. Clear the area(s) of all furniture, remove and dispose of old floorcoverings and fixings otherwise additional charges may be incurred at the discretion of Floor Dimensions. To comply with current legislation only Corgi or N.I.C.E.I.C registered personnel are qualified to disconnect and remove cookers.
• If requested by the consumer Floor Dimensions will carry out ancillary tasks to complete the project. This will include:
Movement of furniture
Uplift, removal and disposal of existing flooring
Placing cables under floorcoverings (not 240v)
There will be charges associated with these tasks, the work content of which must be agreed prior to the production of the written quotation.
• If the project requires seaming it must be appreciated that it is impossible to achieve a completely invisible seam.
• Floor Dimensions will provide a free one-year guarantee against installation faults.
• Due to a number of variables carpet may ‘relax’ in the first few weeks following installation and this may require a re-stretch which Floor Dimensions will undertake at no cost.
• Any problems with installation should be referred to Floor Dimensions within three days.
• In the unlikely event that damage occur to the customers property during installation, it must be reported to Floor Dimensions within three days.
Floor Dimensions will inform consumers of the guarantees which are provided for the products we sell.
The Carpet Foundation Consumer Code of Practice Guarantees
Floor Dimensions support the Carpet Foundation Consumer Code of Practice and adopt its contents in order to ensure that the consumer is treated in accordance with the best selling practices in the U.K.
Cancellation of Orders
When an order is placed a contract exists between the consumer and Floor Dimensions. Cancellations will be accepted and a full refund of the deposit will be made (less any charges for restocking or work already completed) providing the material has not been cut and/or despatched.
The deposit is not refundable for whatever reason once the material has been cut and additional charges may be incurred for any ancillary work already carried out.
Delivery and Installation Deadlines
Floor Dimensions will liaise closely with the consumer over delivery and installation dates to ensure that the consumer is not unduly inconvenienced if any problems occur.
When Placing the order the consumer must inform Floor Dimensions of any ‘critical deadlines’ by which time the project must be completed.
Floor Dimensions will ask for a deposit of 50% on confirmation of the order.
The balance of the total amount to be paid will become due on completion of the installation and production of the final invoice.
Payment methods may include cheque, bankers draft, credit card, debit card, cash or bacs. Outstanding amounts not paid will attract a 2.5% interest rate per month. The pursuit of consumers who fail to pay on time may lead to professional charges that may be passed on to the consumer.
In respect of carpets, the Carpet Foundation Deposit Protection Scheme protects the consumer’s deposit against problems of business failure.
The bank charge for re-presentation of dishonoured cheques will be passed on to the consumer.
Any additional payments for extra items will be shown seperately on the invoice.
All supplied goods/materials remain the property of Floor Dimensions until the payment is made in full.
Carpet Product Related Information
All carpet measurements are provided subject to a tolerance of plus or minus 1.25% in accordance with BS3665.
Cut pile carpet products may develop ‘pile reversal’ which is localised change in the direction of pile lean that alters the pattern of reflected light to give a light and shade effect. This naturally occurring phenomenon does not affect the carpet’s resistance to abrasive wear.
On all carpet some tracking marks will occur in heavy traffic areas during the normal wear life of the carpet.
Berber or ‘Berber-look’ carpet may contain random flecks of colour that can sometimes create a lined effect that would not be apparent in a small sample.
Colour matching between different production batches, including different widths of carpet cannot be guaranteed. The consumer must make it clear to Floor Dimensions where exact colour matches are required.
It is unlikely that individual samples held by Floor Dimensions will be from current production batches and should only be used as a colour guide not an exact match. Where colour is critical Floor Dimensions will obtain a stock cutting from the manufacturer/supplier.
When a new carpet is installed Floor Dimensions recommend a new underlay as this can have a positive impact upon the wear life of the product.
The carpet must be maintained in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations.
Floor Dimensions use the complaints, conciliation and arbitration procedures set out in the Carpet Foundation Consumer Code to help resolve any disputes that, although a rare phenomenon, could occur with your order.
In the first instance any complaints about the product or the installation should be referred as soon as possible to Floor Dimensions where every effort will be made to resolve the matter with the minimum of delay.
General Data Protection Regulation
We are committed to our obligations in relation to the processing of personal identifiable information (PII) and acknowledge that all individuals have a right to expect that their privacy is respected and adequately protected in line with Data Protection. We use your PII to enable us to deliver our products and services ONLY, and also to support your relationship with us as a customer. We use a range of communication channels to keep our customers informed (e.g. SMS, email, social media) dependent on what type of information we are sending out to you (e.g. quotes by email). However, if you have a preference in the way we communicate with you (e.g. prefer email), then please contact us to update your records.
Get in touch
Members of the Contract Flooring Association